Houston Electrical League & Houston Electrical League Scholarship Foundation Ethics Policy Statement
We, Board and Committee Members of the Houston Electrical League (HEL) and Houston Electrical League Scholarship Foundation (HELSF), dedicate ourselves to carrying out the mission of The HEL, and will:
- Recognize that the chief function of The HEL/HELSF at all times is to serve the best interests of our membership.
- Operate within the established by-laws of the organization.
- Respect the structure and responsibilities of the board of directors, provide them with facts and advice to assist with making policy decisions, and uphold and implement policies adopted by The HEL/HELSF.
- Accept as a personal duty the responsibility to conduct ourselves withprofessional competence, fairness, impartiality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Conduct our organizational and operational duties with positive leadership exemplified by open communication, creativity, dedication, and responsibility.
- Exercise whatever discretionary authority we have under the law to carry out the mission of the organization.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all of our activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in our activities.
- Avoid any interest or activity that is in conflict with the conduct of our official duties.
- Respect and protect privileged information to which we have access in the course of our official duties.
- Be knowledgeable and compliant with all regulations and reporting requirements as required by applicable U.S. laws.
- Be truthful in our solicitation of funds and will expend those funds consistent with donor intent.